View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 PM   #20
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: aftermarket bulbs:color temperature and usable light output

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
I just noticed that on Sylvania's website after I read you mentioning about it. They must have just changed them and I have the crappier versions, because mine are 60/55w rating and that's how they used to be advertised as. Waiting till things are refined is always better I guess, lol! Anywho I'm going to be replacing my POS foglights with some Sylvania Xenarc X1010 HID fog lights that have a color temp rating of 5400K! That's pretty darn nice for a true HID lamp, not to mention they retail from Sylvania direct for $300! I think they should complement my PIAAs quite nicely, plus i can tend to do a bit of remote road driving where having as much light as you can is very essential. Also they consume less power which is good if like me you run a couple of audio amps. Just of note, with my PIAA GT-X bulbs and my 55w generic fogs, one of my friend's I was out cruising with last night mentioned to me that with my highbeams on, I was lighting up practically the whole canyon. Not really, but it just shows how much noticeably brighter these lights are in comparison to others. Sure PIAA is expensive, but in the end I think it was a very wise and worth while decision to buy and install them.
Yea, I agree. PIAA may cost more money, but when you look at what you are getting in return, it's not so expensive, by comparision. I've seen those Xenarc HID Fog lights with the 5400K color temp. I have the exact same idea you did, pair them with the PIAA SUper Plasma (as your regular lights). The Xenarc HID Auxillary lights look really nice, they'll look really good combined with the PIAAs.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote