View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
star21
AF Regular

Re: Kit Review: Ferrari 599XX Super Detail-up Set from HobbyDesign in 1/24

My HD kit looks very similar to that (tons of flashing, etc.). I see you have a bit more air bubbles than my casting. How is your front end looking? My passenger lower portion looks a bit off and needs to be corrected.

For the $$ it could have been FAR better. As someone stated in the previous thread (Hobby Design 1/24 Ferrari 599XX Super Detail-Up Set) Hobby Design should have just cast a 1-piece body and charged more for it like the R8 GT kit. I've started on it and as far as the body goes you'll only end up using less than 1/4 of the original body (not including the chassis).

HD does not include a very nice Staubli fuel filler for some reason despite having all the other accessories. Their fuel filler kit for the FXX looks real similar and I've ordered one up to see the difference.

Anyone have any additional pics of the interior? A good majority that I have are of the center portion but I'd like to see more of the doors and even the back. I've got a handful of the door portion and back but more reference is always better.

Good luck on yours!
star21 is offline   Reply With Quote