View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 12:41 AM   #178
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
OK lets get one thing streight, you are comparing a purpose built dragster aginst a high proformance street car. Even at that for the price of a ZL-1 Camaro you could put a WRX or an Evo into the low 11s or high 10s on streetable tires. I am not a muscle car basher like some "ricers" but I do give credit where credit is due, the Evo rocks. And consider more than just the 1/4 mile look at breaking 60-0 in 106ft! That is faster than the 360 Modena! Cornering at .97G that is a match for most supercars! 600ft slolom at over 71.6mph, that is the fastest production car that the world has ever seen! 0-30mph in .7 seconds! I don't care how you look at it that is one amazing car and you will not find a musclecar that will match it in overall proformance except for maby the new Viper (only a few even consider that a musclecar) I am not dissing anybody but you would have to be blind not to call that impressive for the amount that it costs.
First off you could buy a ZL1 right off the showroom floor, and yes thay were built to prove a point, and thay proved that point rather well. The point was this, that Chevy could build an ultra high performance car, the likes of whitch none other could beat, and still to this day, a car off the showroom floor has never done. Not your EVO or any other, well I guess the ZL1 Vette maybe did, but it's still proves the point. BTW the reason thay quit selling them was a cost issue, most people coulden't afford to buy them.