View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
senrab
AF Newbie

Re: 08 Envoy No exterior lights

Just to clear things up, you could not remove the key....when you took the lower cover off the column, and depressed the park solenoid, then you could remove the key? YES

Did you check for battery power on the harness to the solenoid, with the vehicle in Drive and in Park? I'm not sure where to check for power.
Not yet but it now releases the key 90% of the time and the solenoid clicks in and out with the key position.

Did you replace the lock cylinder or the ignition switch? Switch, no lock cylinder

What you can do is, put your hand on the park lamp relay and have someone manually turn your park lamps on at the headlight switch...same for HDM relay and have someone manually turn the low beams on......if the relays do not click, you either have a headlight switch problem or a BCM problem...
Mine has no park light relay so I am guessing the HDM handles that.
The HDM is not clicking so I have ordered that. The hi beams are working and I may not have checked that prior to my post.
It is 2 problems that just happened at the same time.
So it appears that the lights should work when I get the new HDM.

Which takes me back to the key problem. What components are involved? lock cylinder, park sensor on the shifter and ignition module.

Thanks for the help so far, don't want to put the column back together till the key works 100%