View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #19
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

Re: MerZedes-Benz 190E Evo2 - WEST - K.Thiim DTM 1991 1/24

so time now to proceed with this old lady from the 90s.
i finally found quality studio27 decals from Domino, after the suggestion of my great Friend Fred from Belgium, always supporting me and my models and of course this time the decalizing process went much more easy than older dmc sheet. Sad to note anyway in my opinion dmc are more precise and correct in smaller details. I hope they can improve the printing and fix the issue with the film getting so old and so problematic for any further use. I hope they read me someday and understand what I meant.

The mercedes going on is here:

Of course my decision to lift the roof and all the pillars of this body makes me fit different the trasparent parts. With some lucky I was able anyway to use the box windshields (curved) seprated by the unique plastic piece provided by fujimi. I think this way all the overall look of the 190Evo become much more realistic than any straight from the box

this livery is quite tricky cause u have to repeat the decal processing little by little you add parts, as for side windows. I think is anyway worthed and infinitely nicer than the black mercedes everyone usually builds up

then the final pics (I will place much more of the finished car in completed section). really hard was for me to find a proper PE part for the caracteristic 3 star logo all merZedes have on the bonnet. very very hard to find, I was lucky I had a very nice spare star in my doggy box so finally my Merc has its symbol on.

Thanks for watching and hope you like my model.

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote