k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: 240z RB25det or RB26dett Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottleHP
Well The VH45de puts out 278 hp with 292 lbs. of torque
The RB26dett puts out 280 hp with 260 lbs. of torque
The RB25dett is somewhere's underneath the 26.

I still think I will be going with an RB...
Any past experiences I still ask?

I talked to some people who said that the swap is basically a bolt in. They also say the RB's can run almost 400 hp without needing an internal strengthening. (more like 375hp to be safe)

But anyways I won't be doing many upgrades once I have it in, at least not right away...I can say this now but when it's in I will probably do the opposite..haha
remember that everything in japan was underrated and is in ps not hp. japanese car manufcaturers made a pact not to rate their car over 280ps. so the numbers you see are totally underrated...the RB26DETT have dynoed 270whp so the motor is more like 320-350hp.

anyways, they are no where near bolt-in. i think the drivetrain tunnel needs to be enlarged for the SR it it is really gonna need enlarged for the RB25-26. but yeah...it is an easier swap than most other engines for the 240Z. plus remember you will need to wire the ecu through the firewall...also, im sure the shifter will not come through the floor board so that will need to be customaied somehow. alot of work but if you can do it or afford someone else to do it...it is one hell of a swap.

good luck!!!

oh yeah, RB20DET will probably be your easiest swap and it can handle 350-400whp on stock internals so i know the RB26 can handle atleast 450rwhp on stock internals, thats probably closer to 550bhp. so yeah, very strong motors that love to be modded.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote