Thread: Tuscan R
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 12:51 PM   #35
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

actually the reason why TVR's arent in the US is because the boss says he wants to makes the cars that he wants to, and he doesnt want to have to compromise them by making them to meet US regulations. They sell plenty of cars anyway, so they have no need right now to move over to the US market.

There is the first ever road test of the Tuscan R in Evo Magazine (a British magazine). They say it is by far the best TVR yet, and has 440bhp/350lb ft/1060kg weight. The engine is mounted quite a way behind the front axle, and the body is carbon fibre with aluminium chassis, and a 100mm wider front end. Personally i dont like the looks of it, with a weird rear half, that is supposedly only there to aid aerodynamics. It will be on sale in September in the UK at £75,000 (about $100,000 i think), hopefully i will see one on the road pretty soon

as to 200sx's question, yeh TVR did export one to the US to film Swordfish, cos there was a program about it here in the UK. I gotta say i feel sorry for you Americans not having TVR's, to see them in the flesh makes them seem so much more exotic than just looking at pictures of them.