View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
icon_xof
AF Newbie

Exclamation '04 Neon died and won't start, everyone stumped, please help!

While driving my '04 Neon yesterday doing about 60mph, my car suddenly (with no check lights, strange sounds, or overheating) lost all power, RPMs went flat, and my tranny (auto) seemed to downshift on it's own. The car lurched forward and the tranny wound up and came down with the speed, like if you were in a 5-speed in 5th gear and shifted down to second going too fast. So I got it over on the side of the road, and although all the accessories work fine, nothing happens under the hood when you turn the key. No starter, no fuel pump engaging, nothing. The battery is fine, the fuses are fine, the fusible links between the batt, starter, and alt had perfect continuity, unplugging the MAP sensor did nothing, and the relays in the fuse box looked fine. Borrowed an OBD II, but apparently the OBD port in my car doesn't work because the OBD doesn't register a connection. Tried it on my cousin's car and it linked right up. By the way my neon is a front end salvage, which is why I wasn't surprised that the OBD port doesn't work. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? I've explained this to every auto-guy I know and everyone's stumped.
icon_xof is offline   Reply With Quote