View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: How to get a title for a 31 ford

I worked with a guy whose family had been in the salvage yard business for many years. An old hobby they had was collecting items from old cars including titles. stickers, plates, other registration items, etc. They had a small booth at local car shows and sold and traded these items. I asked him one day about it and he told me that in some situations, similar to what the OP posted above, someone would need a VIN or other registration material to put a vehicle on the road that didn't have it's current VIN or other identifying items. If they had a title or VIN to match the year make and model, it could be used to register that vehicle in our state (NY) , I guess it was legal to do if the vehicle was made prior to a certain year,( not sure but I think it was sometime in the '60s. I wonder if that could be done in the OP's situation, getting a VIN or registration material from another '31 Ford that has been junked but not recorded and used on the other vehicle?

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote