View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 09:36 PM   #64
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

no offense, but you're a hypocrite! you're preaching the dribbles of car and cultures, yet between the bulk of your points, your jumping to political issues and regional patriotism. I saw a clash coming when this thread started. People just can't accept opinions and back off after a point has been made. It's only natural that you'd only preach about the cars of your country. Glad I am unbiased in this, since I don't necessarily drive an American car.

And I think you're the one who started this mess by initiating a opinionated about European automotive technological superiority:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophv
well, sometimes europeans are amused about the american engineering because the opinion "same shit for 50 years" is spread wide.

europeans focus on economy perfection combined with outstanding design. outstanding isn't always meant as "neat" but as "different" -

in our eyes, all american cars are the same -
there are these long bulgy sedans and oversized useless trucks -

no way you could show up with this shapeless ship. V8 SOHC? cmon

european design, focus on distinguishability (what a word) 2.2l HDI - contra innovation: lots of unexpected problems possible, not customer friendliest

EU design ownz US design
just look at this 70s citroen cx!
http://www.carolineconnolly.com/fjp/...ame-lane-1.jpg

Japanese/asian designs are always kinda agressive and pretend to be sporty imho
small engines, mostly high revving but sometimes very reliable.
choice over european cars when it comes to pricing.

But Asia also produces the smallest, ugliest cars. I heard their roads are a lot slimmer which excuses such things:

stereotype -
american cars are large, dull assembled, I-dont-care-I-need-4x-more-gas ships

european cars are mid-sized, economic, modern, I-would-fit-in-a-modern-art-museum clockworks with teething troubles

asian cars are small, ordinary reliable/designed, I'm-cheaper-not-better rev-devils

edit:

europe still is. FSI, DSG, HDI, ABS, ESP, ASR, cats - sorry, but I don't know any american innovations.