View Single Post
Old 01-29-2002, 11:06 PM   #36
richpull
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to richpull Send a message via AIM to richpull Send a message via Yahoo to richpull
What the 3 series needs is a 250 horsepower engine, smg transmission, heavy steering, and a real rear spoiler included with the sport package. The little curled up portion of the trunk isnt a spoiler in my book. I took a test drive in the bmw m3 with smg because while we were sitting in it, the guy at the dealer was like i was planning on taking this out for a spin you guys wanna come? Ohh man that transmission is sweet He wasnt able to access the S6 mode because it isnt available until 1200 mile break-in is complete, but the s5 mode was incredible. Not to mention 333 horses. He fooled with the automatic mode for a while and then as he was coming back the the driver put it in manual mode and floored it out onto the highway, he shifted to 2nd, bam, the gear switch was so incredibly fast, you bearly feel it, no rocking forward, just mmmmMMMMM! mmmmmMMMMM. (thats an engine sound) The smg automatically revvs the engine while downshifting to about 7000 rpm to increase the engine compression braking effect to take some strain off the non-cross drilled american M3 rotors. This throttling on downshifts makes you feel like you screwed up, but in reality its helping out. If you are braking on downshifting itll slow you down faster, if your passing someone, yeah. I think this SMG technology is simply incredible. I would pay the $2400 for it on the 3-series if it was available in America. I wish i could afford the m3