View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: Should I get a wheel alignment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyguy View Post
That's crazy you need to take it easy on the curbs. I have never heard checking alignment every 6000 miles. If everything is tight it will not change near that fast.

As for the op you said realigned have you had I'd done before? I would do like max said rotate front tires side to side. If it started all of a sudden it's more likely slipped belt in a tire.
Some time ago, I was a service manager for a major tire company. We sold 'alignment packages' that included tire rotations, air pressure checks and brake/suspension safety checks. The check interval was 5,000 miles, which worked out to about twice a year for most of our customers. If you drive only on nice, smooth roads your alignments should last much longer. But for most of us, pot-holes are a part of life. If your car is older, add in the fact that a failed ball-joint, tie rod end, or strut bushing can ruin a set of tires in short order. Those alignment packages really saved our customers a lot of money!

One other thing - in most all-wheel-drive cars, the rear wheel alignment can cause a pull just like the front wheels. When you have your alignment done, make sure that it's a 4-wheel alignment!

Best regards,
Dave B.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave B. For This Useful Post:
maxwedge (01-11-2017)