View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 04:27 PM   #9
LilMax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilMax
Quote:
Originally posted by yunaderis
do you think its faster than the tacoma stock? supercharged? i think the toyota is faster. what are the advantages to the frontier?
Okay, first of all, don't think I'm just making this up because I own a Tacoma. No BS here. I can show you the test results if need be.

Four Wheeler Magazine:

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Extended Cab v6 with 5 spd(190 hp and no addon's just stock)
0-60 in 8.9 seconds

2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Supercharged v6 5spd ext.cab(note:yes, the SUPERCHARGED)
0-60 in 9.3 seconds(and you will get that same time from other sources as well)

Like I said i have the printouts in my truck if you need me to fax or scan and email them to you.

Now, you also asked about Tacoma supercharged. Do I even have to go there????????? It's a 75 hp SC, which would put the Tacoma at about 265 hp, then if you like add the TRD Headers(+14-16 hp) then the TRD exhaust(+5-10 hp).

So to answer your question, I would put my 2000 Ext. Cab 4x4 v6 5spd up against a SC'd Frontier in a heartbeat.

I do love Nissan car's. I had a 96 Maxima SE before my Tacoma. I just don't see the benefits in a Frontier even if it has the Supercharger. Except for the fact you could probably have on-board refrigerators with all of that tupperware on it!LOL!
LilMax is offline   Reply With Quote