View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
carpediem222
AF Newbie

Info update:

After key is inserted, when you turn it to the first click; the dash is supposed to light up and the gauges are supposed to be active. This is my problem. If you attempt to continue to turn the key, the car will attempt to start but wont (rpms go to 2000, then shut off before turning completely over). As far as mechanical work done,... the first mechanic insisted that it was a fuel pump problem, that ran me $500. Then the same mechanic said that the computer needed reset. The trouble returned again since then. I thought I was getting ripped off by the first mechanic because I knew it wasnt the fuel pump.. it was either electrical or security that prevented the lights on the dashboard from kicking on. The next mechanic replaced the battery assuming that was all that was wrong. Once in a while the car will start, but as you are driving, the dash will turn on and off, meaning the speedometer, fuel, mileage, rpm would all be dead. All other parts of the car seem to be working fine, including the stereo, a/c, etc. Is it possible to have something to do with the ignition key and the goofy security system in the car???