View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Montanan
AF Newbie

Too much technology

I am a car nut. I restore and collect classic and muscle cars for a hobby but when it comes to new cars, there's just way too much technology in them for me. We usually buy a new car every few years but I don't know if we'll be buying any more new ones. The touch screen feature is a problem. I have driven a number of new cars wit them and HATE them. Doesn't make a lot of sense to be pecking at t touch screen to change the speed of the A/C fan when the last place you were was on the radio.

I don't need wi fi, don't need my car to read my email and find the touch screen to be quite a distraction. (I worked as an accident investigator for years.) I even turn off my phone while driving.

I don't live in my car, but use it to get from point A to point B. I don't need to be "connected". It wouldn't be bad if manufacturers would give the buyer a choice, but these features are being put into most new cars as standard equipment. Yes, there are people who like and want these features, but there are also people like me who don't want them. I guess I have effectively been eliminated from the new car market as I am not willing to pay for these features that I really have no use for.

Why can't manufacturers give the buyer a choice instead of shoving these features down car buyers throats.
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Montanan For This Useful Post:
Judyx431 (05-23-2016)