View Single Post
Old 12-25-2001, 05:58 PM   #13
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
I had to trim the heck out of the front trim at the inside bottom corner and got rid of that rub point (pretty much flush with the liner), but I never quite got rid of the rubbing at the end of the bumper wings on the driver's side. This is because the bumper was mis-aligned from some off-road bumps. What rubbing that was left wasn't at the bottom edge, but along the vertical portion and didn't "catch" on the tire. Some additional trimming on both wings was needed though, including some on the vertical portions of both sides.
As for the rear, I did cut back as much of the plastic on the inside edge of the molding about 3" on either side of the screw which was dead-center of the rub area. I cut a crescent out with the deepest portion going right up to the edge of the screw and extending about 2" up and down from it. It helped some, but it still hasn't been eliminated. Still exploring options on that. I can't cut any more without messing up the screw and/or its base. Not sure what I can do at this point. I might be able to bend the moulding a bit by heating it and beat the fender lip back up a tad along with it, or I might just be able to live with it. Need to do some more thinking on that. Seems like it might be OK to leave it, but based on how it sounds I don't think so.

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote