View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #165
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via AIM to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via Yahoo to aSiAnRiCk
Hey what's going on guys

My name is Rick and I'm new on this board.

Actually, I joined just so I can give some insiders on this thread (though this forum looks cool so I might here to stay )

ME and MY CAR was there at the F&F2 filming. I'm talking about the same exact set as the one you see in these pictures so of course, I know exactly what were there and WHY they were chosen, etc.

Anyway ....

That blue/silver Eclipse IS THE SAME ONE as the one you see at NOPI.
Fly Rice Racer, you were correct. Yes, he had a new paint job done for the movie. I met the owner at Hot Import Nights in Orlando, FL couple of weeks ago.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/faf2/12.jpg &
http://files.automotiveforums.com/up...094NOPI017.jpg

The reason why they have couple of the same exact cars in the movie is because just in case one messed up, they have another one to replace.
For example, they were filming Paul Walker "racing" in the Skyline, with a camera mounted on the side of the car. Well, he lost control and hit a curb with the Skyline. He messed up the back right tire. So tow truck came, towed that Skyline and here comes another one that they got so we move on. By the way, when we heard the crash, everyone was like "Oh No, not the Skyline!" instead of worrying more of Paul Walker lol

The colors you see on the cars in those pictures are the colors that will be in the movie.

The Pink S2000 will be driven by Devon Aoki. Her name in the movie is Suki. This S2000 going to crash during the street racing against the gray Skyline, orange RX7 and gold Supra. Its because when they film Devon came back after the race, she's driving the S2000 without the front bumper =/

They had a CASTING CALL down in Homestead, FL to choose cars to be used as extras for the movie. Out of the 500+ cars that were there, they only chose about 100 something cars. They look at many different aspects. Graphics, neons and strobes, colors, and more. So I think the reason why they chose that black Camaro (that's not Z28) was because of the graphics. She also has underbody neon.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52870536WbNfSf
I was picked out because of my white interior, white rims, police strobe and underbody neon.

Oh yeah, I'm sure some of you have interest in how much the extras will be making lol. I'm getting paid $125/day to have me and my car in the movie. Its pretty good considering my car just parked there and look pretty lol and I do couple of stuff but when I'm tired, I just go inside my car and sleep for 3 or 4 hrs lol. The filming was for 6 days (Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri) but I only stayed for 5 cuz I had to go to Orlando for HIN. I heard there were alot of the cars missing at the last day of the filming lol

All the stickers you see on the cars, those are the companies supporting the movie. If you are found to have decals or logos that are not one of their supporting companies, you cant be on the set during filming. I was chillin next to my car and these wardrobe guys walked around and checking everyones outfit. This guy was wearing a hat that's made by the company that doesnt support the movie, they told him to take it off. Keep in mind, there is no logos whatsoever on this hat =/ . These guys walking around and checking out the label on the back of everyone shirts making sure everyone wearing the "right" stuff lol

The filming takes place both in Miami, Florida and in Cali. I was told that supposedly Paul Walker got fired off his police work in Cali and got sent down to Miami to bust up the drug dealings that's going on in street racings. He's given a partner, another young cop, which will be Tyrese. And some kid told me that Eva Mendez is going to be another one of his partner too. (She's hot by the way lol)

Where is this F&F2 opening night you guys been talking about? When the movie first come out, my upholstery place already talking to some big movie theater in the area about having our cars parked in the front by the entrance and there will be models, etc. Having a lil car show I guess .. There are about 5 cars that were chosen as extras for the movie that got their interior work done at this shop.

I know some of you guys think F&F1 was whack. Honestly, I think they do have somewhat cheesy plot and lines. Heck, I think that "Street close, find another way home pizza boy", "Damn street racers" ... was super cheesy but heck, it comes out of the director himself. That pizza boy was the director of the movie! =/
But lets face it, I dont remember any other movies that are made about the street racers. This prolly the closest one yet. It helps the Import scene abudantly but these newbies with little to no knowledge the one that ruins it for everyone else. They think aluminum wing is a must for every car, mad graphics & decals will add at least 10hp to your engine, peeling out at the car hang out thinking they're cool yet ruined it for everyone. Did you guys ever notice that 99% of the time, the cars that does burnouts at the car hang out usually are the ugliest ones there?!!

I hope you guys wont flame me for my comments. I like to have a good start on this message board cuz like I said, I'll be here more often (I'm active in about 4 message boards already lol)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or email me.