View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
senrab
AF Newbie

08 Envoy No exterior lights

This is a 4.2L with just over 130k. I'm not sure it is all related but here's the story. My wife had trouble part of the time removing the key because it wouldn't turn back to the off position. I took the bottom off the column to expose the release (no hole in plastic case) so it is driveable. So I replaced the ignition module/switch and it didn't fix the key problem. I then removed the console and cleaned the little park solenoid, looked pretty clean. Now the key almost always comes out but there are no DRL or SWITCHed headlights. Neither the high or low and sometimes no parking lights it also sometimes doesn't kick the starter. So I have played with and reinstalled the ignition changing the gear cog with no affect on the lights. The fuses are all good but my fan is mech so I can't swap the HDM relay w the electric fan (from what I've read this is usually the low beams only). I can't say for certain she had lights before I replaced the switch but she believes it did. So my question(s). Does the ignition module affect the lights so the light switch doesn't work? Do I have more than 1 issue? Does the tumbler mech make any switches or just the module?