View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #33
FantasticChadwick
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to FantasticChadwick
Re: 98 Blazer heater core replacment (I just did it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydulce
Looks like a great page. Thanks for the help guys. I will be doing this to my 2001 2 door Chevy Blazer next weekend, so I can try to add my $0.02 after that. Before I start the project though, does anyone have any more pictures of the project? Such as the hidden bolt location (behind the pastic shroud under the hood)? I'm just interested in as many pictures and details as I can get before I start this painful experience. Also, how many wiring harnesses do I have to unplug? Do i have to touch the passenger airbag at all?

I'm not looking foward to doing this...

Thanks though!!!

I didn't disconnect the wiring harnesses. I didn't fully remove my dash. It would have been a LOT easier to replace the core had I done that, but I had a lot of apprehention about messing with airbag wires, so I toughed my way miserably through removing the old core and installing the new one without removing the dash entirerly.

I don't have more pictures of the project, but if you print the first post in this thread and take a leap of faith into this project you should be able to get through it. Most of the first post made little or no sense, but as I hit problems they were addressed in order in my print out.

I pity you for having this project looming in front of you.

Chadwick
1983 Kawasaki LTD KZ750-K1 750 in-line twin 22,000 (June 09)

Although I don't have much automotive knowledge to offer in return for all the help I get from these forums, I am a master electrician, so if anyone needs electrical advice I would consider it my rent here to share. Just PM me.
FantasticChadwick is offline   Reply With Quote