Thread: Beadlock Wheels
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2002, 02:53 PM   #55
Kerensky97
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ozxterra
However, from the sounds of things you are concerned about mileage - which seems to signify you use your XTerra on-road a lot.
Actually the milage doesn't bother me too much, I wish it was better but I knew the Xterra guzzled gas before I got it.
And I wish I got more offroading in, I try to go once a week but it usually ends up being more like every other week.
Plus when it takes a 2 hour freeway drive just to get to the trailhead, on-road considerations still come into play.

As for mods the Xterra can do so much more than I planned for it when it was still stock, even the few times it bottomed out it was usually my fault for not choosing the right line.
And even though I keep pushing the offroading envelope I need to remind myslef not to spend too much making it into a rockcrawler becase all I wanted was a general All Terrain Vehicle to get me to the remote capmsites, pedal-power and hiking can get me the rest of the way.

If I wanted to do the extreme stuff an Xterra is not the best base vehicle to use.
Even if I dump $3000 in mods into the Xterra, I don't think it will get me much further than I can go now.
Kerensky97 is offline   Reply With Quote