View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 09:12 PM   #20
Stickin_It_2_Em
Banned

Re: floating the gears good or bad??

Most of you guy's are making me to be a dumbass. Let this clear... and it is true.IF you know whar your are doing it does not hurt the gears or the clutch!!! Even when driving dump trucks, which I do (I speak from personal experience) you dont ever use the clutch unless you are stopping!! When racing, and all the cars are the same because of spec rules you do whatever you can to get the advantage on everyone! And 2 years on a tranny on a car that is a dedicated race car is a long time for most that put on 20+ races a year.

By no way am I saying take out your new car and immiedatly start floating the gears. After getting the feel for the car, and feel comfortable driving it in such a manner go ahead and try it. If you know what a cluth even did you would know what floating the gears is OK. All a clutch does (in a nut shell) is synchronise your gears so they can be shifted. If you know at what RPM's your gears are inline you will be safe. So please stop saying that floating your gears is bad, it is an efiecient way to shift w/o dropping your RPM's. If you still feel that I am wrong come to AZ and I will drive you around in a Super 14 (type of dump truck), or my RX-7 and show you how effective it can be IF you know what you are doing!
Stickin_It_2_Em is offline   Reply With Quote