View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
01cavi
AF Newbie

heres one for the dummy row

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxurYy6JXjs

Heres one from the files of WTF are you thinking.:

I have attended Hemmings Musclepalooza every year (two events per year) with my 72 Dodge Polara factory Police car. CHP specified and a TRUE muscle car......

In the magazine MUSCLE CARS OF THE 60's/70's (circa 1973) is a road test review stateing "Polara Pursuit Special- designed and equipped to CATCH Muscle cars", it also hails the Polara as the "ULTIMATE MUSCLE CAR" not available to the public.

That being said I would like to point out that the car also appears in HEMMINGS MUSCLE MACHINES, (remember this part!!!!), ( issue #70 july 2009).

On Sunday the 30th I went to attend Musclepalooza (as I have twice a year for many years showing my support for it), only to be turned away at the gate because I DONT HAVE A MUSCLE CAR???? OOOOOK, rewind to the part that says "appeared in HEMMINGS MUSCLE MACHINES".

By thier own definition they considered it a muscle car. Not only by allowing it in past events but by publishing a FULL 4 PAGE SPREAD in thier MUSCLE car magazine....

I ask: WTF are they thinking?? To make it better ...when did tri-5 (55-57) chevys become "Muscle cars", or Corvettes? Arent they americas SPORTS cars??.
I dont consider a 64 1/2 mustang a muscle car or a 190 hp 73 mach one (not exactly a performer there chuckles).......when did 66 coronet convertibles w/ 318s become muscle cars.? THEY ALL GOT IN!!!!!!!

I pre registered for the event online...they couldnt email me to let me know before driving 85 MILES to the show.....???

So what am I getting at here......Hemmings obviously ISNT the authority on old cars because they certainly have no clue what they are looking at. They are only interested in a car when it benefits them financially , They certainly wanted my car for thier magazine shoot, and when they wanted me to run the track with it, but now when they are done with it, I cant even go to the carshow that I have supported TWICE a year for many years.
I ought to send them a bill for the $50.00 in fuel I used.

I ask all of you for your help.....let them know that YOU heard about what happened,
Its wrong, its frustrating and it could happen to someone else.

Please take the time to email them or to simply foreward this email to the address below in a show of support.

mbrott@hemmings.com Customer Liason

This circumstance has opened my eyes.....In our area there are more worthy car shows BOTH days on a weekend (Cars for Cancer/Mothers against drunk drivers/ Child cancer research), why give it to the corporate greed of Hemmings. What do you get for a thursday night at thier cruise???? It benefits them, not you. In this time of financial deficiencies, make you money count...cruise for a cause.

Thanks to my friends who turned around on the day of the show and left...(Hemmings at the gate said I also could not attend because they expected a "FULL LOT" ---- fine we will help by not comeing!!)
And a HUGE thank you to those who have cancelled or are cancelling thier subscriptions. The area manager in my local auto parts store was very interested in this and is now considering dropping Hemmings from the rack....He gets a hug LOL.

Thank you to my REAL car guy friends.
Mark Mroz
01cavi is offline   Reply With Quote