View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Severe painting issues, it never ends. Need help

So I spent the last several days after work painting my F40 body, masking, painting hedliight buckets etc. I used Zero paint. It went on a little thick but no issues. Went to sand it smooth today and it went through. It didnt even get the texture smooth before it burned through. I am ruining body after body and it's killing me.

I have never succesfully painted/sanded/polished a body without burning through. I honestly want to just light everying on fire.

anyway, I realized a few things.

1. started with micromesh 4000, then dropped down to 3200 to get it smooth. Because its so light, the sandpaper burned through the paint from friction before it had a chance to actually sand the paint smooth

2. I used Tamiya 1000 sandpaper on some other areas. Paint got smooth FAST, but ended up burning through as well.

3. I have a Paasche airbrush, dual action. I used the samllest needle they make, #0 or #1 I forget. Paint seemed to go on nicely, but is this a bad idea? Did it not lay down enough paint per layer?

I noticed even on some of the bigger flat parts it went through, obviously there was not nearly enough paint.

I did 2-3 coats I cant remember, but the first 2 were mist coats. I basically just painted untill there was solid color everywhere. I guess I should have done another two coats?

This is my weak part, I just cant seem to get it right. Any help would be appreciated.
Hemi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote