Thread: Tailgate gasket
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
kenny-1907
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to kenny-1907
Re: Tailgate gasket

I as well have a 2007 but do not have issues with this seal....... yet. First off I would remove the seal completely and inspect it closely for any damage that may have occurred to it. Also check inside the groove in the seal that slips over the lip where it is held in place and make sure nothing has accumulated in this groove. Also check in this same groove if you can feel if there is any metal clips inside of the rubber in the groove that assists in holding the seal onto the edge. If there is any, it is possible that when removing something out of the bed of the truck at some time that it could have hooked onto the edge of the seal pulling it off and damaging (opened up) one of those metal clips. By simply squeezing this clip back together with a pair of pliers, carefully so you do not damage the rubber seal, should solve the problem. If there is no metal clips you could go one of two ways. You could buy a replacement seal or you could use either clear silicone or weatherstrip adhesive and glue it back in place. Just be sure if you choose to adhere it back in place to clean both surfaces well. I would put the adhesive into the groove of the seal rather than onto the edge it slips onto to prevent from getting which ever adhesive you use from getting all over the seal. Good luck.

6" Pro Comp lift
305/55/20 BFG A/T KO'S
K&N FIPK GENII
Flo Pro V force muffler & 4" slash cut stainless tips
Color matched front and rear Bowties
3" polished stainless bull bar and Nerf bars
kenny-1907 is offline   Reply With Quote