Old 03-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #14
irod
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Re: elise stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubla
The Federal Elise/111R may have all the stats you say it has and might be
better than the VX220 turbo and the 340R?....but the fact of the matter is
your elise is an S2 and they just don't live up to the charm, looks and handling enjoyment of an S1 Lotus Elise. Styling of the S2 was bit of a disapointment too compared with the S1 - yes they felt they had to restyle/update the body looks and move the model onwards, but they didn't quite get the front profile right (looks more like a Japanese sports car celica/MR2 ish) although they did do better with the backend (obvious where they took their inspiration from).

For pure drivability, fun (lateral or otherwise) and most impressive all round package it's got to be theS1 Elise!
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about, since the entire automotive community disagrees with you. From Jeremy clarkson to Road & Track, Car & Driver, CAR, Evo, Motortrend, Sports Car International, to just looking at the stats alone, everyone agrees the 111R is the best Elise ever. Not only does it accelerate much faster and has a much higher top end, it also corners at 1.06g's, which is as we all know, race car territory, and IT'S WHERE THE FUN IS. The S1 Elise doesn't even come close!!!, not to mention it's ugly (looks more like a dune buggy than a sports car to me) and it doesn't have all the nice features newer Elises have like dual oil coolers, a reliable engine and transmission, much, much grippier Yokohama tires, better door sill clearance for passengers, and many, many more features. I'll take my 111R any day of the week by far. I love it and I think it's looks are extraordinary. So do all the people on the street that keep coming up and striking up conversations about the car everywhere I go.

Driveability? Check!
Handling? Check!
Looks? Check! (Although this one, I agree, is in the eyes of the beholder. EVERYONE seems to love the new one though, except for you.)
Features and options? Check!
Creature conforts? Check!
Better breaking distance? Check!
Acceleration? Check!
Top speed? Check!
Transmission (5 vs 6 gears)? Check!
Reliability? Let's see... Toyota vs. dead Rover... Check!
Tires & grip? Check!
25% more power, plus better power to weight ratio? Check!
Better soft top mechanism and no leaks? Check!
Better suspension, ride, and handling? Check!
Much more fun and better all around? Check!

You're just obviously, totally, utterly, clueless.