View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:44 AM   #27
spikeman900
AF Newbie

Smile Re: The World Challenge GT Nissan Skyline GT-R Story

Im from Australia, where the import scene is really taking off, with skylines in abundance. The point is, we used to have an awesome variety of international racing back in the 70s and 80s in the Australian touring car championships, where European, Japanese and American cars could race with the V8s that the stereotypical Aussies went for. The thing was that the homegrown V8 tanks were winning and that kept the public happy. When the GTR came into the scene though, in 1990, not one single race was won by the aussie V8s anymore. The public got angry, and ratings dropped. Then from 1992 onwards, every foreign car was banned and the race consisted of only Ford and Holden; V8s.

For me, this is one of the reasons why im such a fan of the GTR, as it showed the community how crap our V8s really were. These days, i actually get annoyed by people at high school because of my allegiance to the GTR.

So we dont really see alot of local racing going on anymore between the V8s and Japanese, which is what id love to see again.
It really is great to see that the states is still allowing imports to race with the local cars.
It would be great to now your car's specifications, as well as a brief rundown on the series, as i really have not heard of it before. Is it televised? or does nascar and Indy run the show? If it is televised, i hope it comes here somehow.

All the best for the season and im sure that your GTR will perform to fulfill all our beliefs of your car.
spikeman900 is offline   Reply With Quote