Thread: Po 420
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
aarons mom
AF Newbie

Re: Po 420

I do not drive often. It has taken over a month for me to run the bad gas out. I had to stop to add dry gas 3X before I quit having problems. I am good now. i just have not cleared the codes and run it. Fresh gas. I do buy non ethanol for all my small engines...the only way to go and I do use mid grade in the car. I just bought gas on the fly one day, not my normal station. Since, my mechanic told me that I was #2 in the shop w/ bad gas from the same station. At first i was freaked and thought it was my head gasket, but now that I have all kinds of power back and no flashing cel (and no milky oil) I've abandoned that one. When i had the moisture problem I was smoking like crazy, white smoke, it did not smell like coolant or oil. I figure it was the dry gas/water evaporating in the cat. this has stopped. So, my plan is, clear codes, drive, if codes come back, change downstream O2 first. then upstream, then cat. I'm going to throw in a new PCV valve, I'm sure it was not done when the belts were done. OH, yes, I was running very lean with the moisture in the gas.
aarons mom is offline   Reply With Quote