View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
jochen kieslich
'wannabe race driver'

HANS device & helmet 1:24 scale

I just finished my first attempts on making my own HANS / Helmet-combination in 1:24 scale.
Accompanying to my Porsche GT3R project, just to have something to lay on the car’s roof once when the car is finished (together with my gloves).
The basic HANS device is made out of cutted brass sheet, after several attempts I got it. It looks a bit like a tuning fork (Y-shaped). It took me hours and hours to sand, rework, cut, sand again……
Then the shoulder pads are sculpted with magic sculp and some pieces of plastic sheet were added to enforce the backside of the “head rest” and the surfaces of the brackets. I don’t know if its 100% in scale. I hope so. It has to work with the helmet (a GF-models-product), hollowed out (a ghoulish duty by the way……………) and abraded completely to make my own detailings.
The hardest thing was to make the maskings for the helmet……..uff. The design is pure fantasy. The coloring of the helmet is in contrast to the car’s livery later on.
The project isn’t finished yet. The helmet has to be fixed to the structure. The small belts between the helmet and the HANS device are still missing so as the bolts and some other small details. Will be a pleasure to complete it over the next couple of days.
Please let me know what you think! All comments are very welcome.

...and don't think your eyes are playing tricks on you. The helmet is a bit aslope on the column.

All the best, next update with the completed thing.

Yours
jochen

-emotional miniatures-
jochen kieslich is offline   Reply With Quote