View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #40
griffin-gt40
AF Regular

Re: The place is a ghost town - what happened?

Well, I'm guilty of laziness too. And yes, PB's colossal F'up really turned a lot of people away from forums. Even though I dont use social media for social media I have joined up with FB and have been posting in a bunch of modeling forums. I find it great, especially if you're working on a project and have an issue, you're almost guaranteed an immediate response from someone, somewhere in the world. I think the "LIKE" feature helps a lot as well. Many times I'll look at someones post in a forum and go, "yeah, I like it" but dont have much else to say or add so I dont leave a comment. On FB I can just hit the "LIKE" button and the builder can see that I and others like their work without having to type it out. Yes, maybe a bit lazy but at the same time, 40 replies of "looks good" doesnt help people get better or learn either. I for one like criticisms, constructive of course. I learn more from someone saying " looks good, but had you have done this or that, it would look better". When I joined FB to post in modeling forums I was worried about getting a lot of "mean people" slamming people's work cause it didnt measure up to their standards, but I've honestly not seen that yet in the year or so since I've starting using FB more than forums. This was the first online forum I joined, and still my favourite, and I"d love to see it revitalized. I learned a ton off the amazing builders who use to post, and some that still do, but would like to see the traffic increase for sure. One thing I loved about this forum was that there seems to be a wide range of interests here, more so than some of the other forums which I find seem to be more centralized in scope. Here's hoping this can thread can help bring more people back.

Last edited by griffin-gt40; 06-29-2018 at 09:00 AM.
griffin-gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote