View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: Thinking of buying a Vr4 for a 1st car? please read

I personally don't think anyone should have a vr4 as their first car. I've said it a billion times and I'm sure I'll say it a billion times more. It's nothing personal against you, it's nothing about your driving. But I know if I had gotten one as my first car, I wouldn't be here typing this right now.

Read teh FAQ, if you still want a 3000gt, get a base or SL for 2 years, then upgrade to the vr4. At 16 (I'm guessing) you probably wont have the experience behind the wheel, or the money to keep the vr4 on the road. Realize these are not cheap cars to own. Premium gas, lots of necessary maintainence, expensive parts, and high insurance are hard to afford for students. Trust me, I tried, and it put me under more financial stress than I want to remember. [Read: this is why it's been garaged for a year]

Again, nothing against you, I'm simply saying I've read way too many threads that start with a 16 year old wanting a vr4 and saying something like "I've been driving a tractor on our farm since I was 11" or "I have been racing 120mph gokarts since I was 9" or "I've driven a 450hp (fill in the blank)...I know what I'm capable of", the kid gets argumentative, gets the car, and then 2 weeks later there is a new thread about how he wrecked at 100+. Just my .02
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.

Last edited by Igovert500; 02-13-2006 at 08:42 PM.