View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
May_Chile
AF Newbie

Power Window losing its Mojo & Posstibly trying to Sever my Fingers

Hi hi! I'm back although this issue isn't as annoying as the rogue radiator fan to which I threw down $200+ for in the shop for a new temp sensor, problem wasn't fixed [as well as the wrong sensor replaced and no..the shop of course wouldn't own up to their mistake], and it turns out I simply needed a new relay -_______-

Car: 1996 Mercury Mystique LS 2.5L V6 Engine

Anyway: so my power window[s] are the issue now. First it was the driver only, now it's the passenger. I can press for the driver side to go down and sometimes it will hesitate, finally going down; it's going UP that's the problem. If I try to stop the window halfway through going down, it'll shoot up, pause, then shoot ALL the way down and not move. I can clearly hear a motor or something clicking when I press for it to go up..but it refuses. Sometimes, I have to use my fingers or pliers to grab the window and try to force it up. The passenger window isn't as psychotic as the driver side. That one just refuses to go down or refuses to go up. It won't shoot back and forth at top speed like my drivers side. Either way, there's an issue. My rear windows move like molasses. I can play a full Conway Twitty song in my head [thanks to Family Guy] before they go down. Now there are rare occasions [like this past summer] where my driver window was working perfectly..now it seems to be deteriorating. It's gotten stuck all the way down before in this cold weather and it's freezing here on the East Coast :/

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Obviously, the title should read "Possibly" not "Posstibly".
May_Chile is offline   Reply With Quote