View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 01:04 AM   #120
FordJunky
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FordJunky
Re: Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

[quote=ghetto7o2azn]this is a stupid post with the only result of 4 million reposts of what the entire thread was about...

smelly pirate hooker

americans companies crack me up some times... i think it was chevy buti cant remember.... like a week ago, i saw a commercial for a truck that said "now with THREE VALVES... thats right 3 intead of 2 which means better performance!!!" idk, what the hell they were trying to prove since some japanese cars had 4 vpc in the mid 1980's lol... TWENTYFIVE YEARS LATER..... THREE VALVES!! which is why im still confused as to why even the new corvettes wouldnt have 4

is there an explanation to that [/QUOTE

Mercedes has used the 3 valves ohc design for a long time and has had great success with it, and chevy did build the zr1 which was an ohc 350, proved to be pointless, they couldve made the same power with a pushrod with way less complication, less money and work.. plus havin the over head cams took away from the well known "workability" in other words easyness to work on which is what has made the 350 such a popular engine. on top of all that ford has a new crate which is a 5.0 dohc (Cammer) out of the box 440 hp and capable of alot more. the prob is the engines first off arent cost effective and alot of people dont feel the over head cams warrant the cost... so havin a 3 valve as a base engine is pretty decent.
FordJunky is offline   Reply With Quote