View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
bellaCuba
AF Regular

Re: Sunfire 97 shifter cable location

haha... gotta love "friends"... and the "favors" they manage to do sometimes. lol

Now you have to figure out where he yanked on. So this should be routed to the center console then. Is the Cover removed? You may have to take a few good pics of a different angles of the shifter base and the sides more towards the front & the driver's side.... at least for me to help you. With so many vehicles out there, they all EACH have their own way of doing things.

The other suggestion, is dependent on how good your salvage yards are. Taking off the center console on one of them and seeing how it's routed.

No, I believe it would be routed to the center console, definitely not thetrans

**95-99 Chevy Cavaliers have the same setup. They are basically twins to the Sunfire** if you go the yard route.

ahh... wait, I keep rereading your last reply. Trying to visualize things. Now you are sure your friend was under the column pulling things out? If he wanted or thought it was the throttle cable, I'd think he'd go by the pedals.... brake pedal has a switch mounted on the firewall (on the inside)above it somewhere... that's a possible direction of look.

It's very difficult to try and figure out, when not there in person, and trying to go off memory & logic

Last edited by bellaCuba; 08-11-2016 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added more
bellaCuba is offline   Reply With Quote