View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #85
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: Re: Gas mileage question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickmastermind
I didn't want the tone to become negative, but when you tell me that something that I have seen, studied, and know works can't be done, I get frustrated.

This is a very simple process that you have trying to disprove using complex models of a totally different system! You are trying to tell me that changing gasoline to methane and methanol isn't possible by telling me how current combustion engines work! What intelligence. I commend you.
What part about the water VAPOR reacting with gas VAPOR don't you understand? It is very, very simple. So simple, in fact, that you simply have to finely mist the fuel and water into the air filter, and only vapors can get past. Just because the the liquid or solid form of something is non-reactant, doesn't mean that the gaseous form isn't! The gaseuos form of an element has way more energy in it b/c it requires energy from somewhere to turn into a gas. It sounds like you seem to think that the amount of energy in a element has nothing to do with its reactivity or solubility! If our resident chemist doesn't agree with this next sentance, then he either never took a chemistry lab, or he really doesn't know much at all about chemistrys practical application to real life and there is a reason he is a mechanic and not a government employed chemist.

"The solubility of a material depends upon temperature."

For example: Ice doesn't react KNO3. But, it can be disolved in liquid water according to it's solubilty. The hotter the water is, the more KNO3 you can dissovle in it. Just because one physical state of an object doesn't react with another object doesn't mean that changing their states can change this. This property holds true for chemically combining water vapors and gasoline vapors. It is a proven scientific fact that this sytem works, and is hounded by people who can make money off the old system. At $2.00 per gallon of gasoline and an average of 25 mpg, that is a shitload of money, especially if you put 70,000 miles per year on your car.

Also, you don't lose energy or power by this change. Why? B/c of the laws of conservation of energy. What goes in, must come out, no matter what the form. Just because liquid water doesn't react, doesn't mean it doesn't have energy. If it had no energy, it would be frozen @ 0 degrees kelvin.

* Just a note here. You contridicted yourself when you said water doesn't burn, and you also said that anything burns if you get it hot enough!
I am not saying that water vapors ignite! I am saying the react with gas vapors!

And, there is a differance between burning/cumbustion and exploding. An explosion is almost instantly completed, an only occurs for a few seconds. Burning is takes longer and is a more drawn out process.

If you can't understand that, then you don't deserve to be allowed to post arguments about it.
how many people with multiple college degress have to tell you your wrong untill you understand that YOU ARE WRONG.

Gasoline will not disolve in water, end of story, have a nice day, buh-bye. KNO3wont disolve in ice because ICE IS A SOLID. Ohh look momey this sauder dady was saudering with doesnt burn me while its solid but look, momey i got blisters all over my hands from trying to pick it up while it was a liquid....

70,000miles per year? what are you a poor executive that has to drive instead of fly across country? my god thats 7 years worth of average driving in one year.

you seem to be getting confued. i said anything will burn if you get it hot enough, i also said that in order for you to actually burn H2O you would have to heat it to a point that it would split its self into H and O2 and then become water agian. since when your burn hydrogen you are oxydizing it...wow that makes H2O. but the tempatures required for water to do this are massive. nitrogen and oxygen turn to plasma before water splits into hydrogen and oxygen.

Water is by far the least reactive overly abundant substance on earth. next to the 6 noble gases it is so stable because it has a noble gas configuration. it is a great solute but most ionic compounds wont dissolve in water. and lookey there gasoline is an ionic compound (though it is a gas at room tempature, and most ionic compunds are soilds)

when i burn a 8.5x11 piece of paper it takes 15-20 seconds to burn. if i throw it into a fernes at 1000C its almost instantly becomes ash. if i take 10g of gasoline while it is still a liquid and put a mach to it ir burns, fast but doesnt explode (DO NOT TRY THIS CHILLENS). if i put 10g of gasoline and let it vaporize in 150g of air (or ~50g of oxygen) then put a match to it it burns, extremely fast. the total BTU coutn is hte same. the number of joules is the same. its juse the liquid had to mix its self with air and the gaseous was alrady vaporized and in its most reactive form. it is still burning. a bottle of pressurized air can explode with out burning yes, but it doesnt explode because of thermal energy causeing an instant pressure build up. and besides, as we have already said it isnt an "explosion" its called the "combustion" stroke. meaning it combusts.