View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #10
farmerjones53
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 2001 ram 1500 transmission not shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundahunta
this is a common failure... we have seen these governer pressure sensors fail often. most codes are governer pressure sensor volts too high or low, governer pressure sensor not equal to target.. Most of the time we replace the governer pressure sensor and soleniod.. I would recommend you to fix this problem if not you will end up burning the clutches in the trans... The trans pan needs to be removed....the sensor is bolted to the valve body and is located on the pass front side of the valve body
I have 2001 dodge ram . The codes kept saying governer pressure problems. A local tranny shop replaced both units twice. Still the code, and as soon as engine started the the code was set again.
Finialy i drove it several days in limp mode. Then rechecked codes, now there was also an. oxygen senser code. so I unpluged both oxygen sensers and reset codes and started the engine and to my surprize no tranny codes . I inspected the oxygen sensers and found the rear one had a little damage {maybe a rock hit it} it look minor however i replaced it . Cleared all codes , now every thing works fine.
Maybe this will help some one .
farmerjones53 is offline   Reply With Quote