View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
imneeto
AF Newbie

1998 zx2 coupe no brake lights

I have a 98 zx2 that I got from my cousin. The car was driven in europe and over there its the law that your turn signals have to be orange lights so they did a little rewire and attached the orange lights to the bottom of the bumper. Everything was good until about a month ago the attached lights were not waterproofed very well and the contacts rusted off. The easiest thing for me to do was just delete the extra lights and rewire the original turn signals in the tail lights.

Seems easy enough but since doing that my brake lights no longer light up when the brake pedal is depressed and my cruise control stopped working as well. The tail lights and turn signals work just fine its just the brake lights.

I have check my fuses as well as checked out the wiring diagram from my haynes manual but did not really find anything that jumped out at me (truth be known I'm not all that experienced at working on cars) I don't know if I may have caused a short or a ground when I pulled all the extra wires out of if that could even cause that issue.

At any rate any and all direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
imneeto is offline   Reply With Quote