View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Tail and Backup Lights NOT Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmak View Post
I just got a 93 s10 4x4 and replaced the bed of the truck with a wooden flatbed. For tail lights i'm using 2 multi function trailer lights. Coming from the back of the trailer lights are 3 wires RED/GREEN/BLACK. Red is for Tail lights, Green is for brake/turn signal & Black is for the Backup lights. The lights are suppose to be mounted to a metal frame, as far as I know, for the ground; but I have attached wires to the three posts on the back of the lights and grounded them to the frame. 'Naturally' I connect Brown to Red, Light Green to Black and Yellow/Dark Green to Green. The Brake lights, Both turn signals and the hazards all work fine but I have no tail lights or backups. I checked all the fuses and they are all good as well. As far as I can tell it's hooked up right and I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out! Everything worked fine before I started the project. If anyone can please help I really don't know what else to do.

with a voltmeter check to see you have a voltage there.

use the battery ground to meter as you probe for voltage at the rear lamps. if you have voltage then it will be a ground problem.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote