View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #25
C2Z06
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to C2Z06
Re: CarMax secrets...shhh...its [CLASSIFIED]

My '01 Altima was bought 14months ago from Carmax. It had 13,400 miles on it. Kept the "maintenance logs" from the previous owner in it. It had that old man smell with the strong deoderant smell and strong cologne. In my mind I'm thinking, this car's barely been driven and has been well kept. Price was $8,400! What a deal I thought. Well it got cold. The car wouldn't start in the cold. My wife and I figure it had low miles because it wouldn't start in cold weather!

Warranty was gone do to age. Carmax pretended we didn't exist. Local dealership did all sorts of stuff and "fixed" the cold start problem. Morning after we get the Altima back from the shop. It won't start. Back in it goes...they finally link it to the factor and find the computer's defective. Car has just over 17,000 miles and the stinking computer's defective. It get's replaced and I pay nearly $1k total for repairs. The car won't stay aligned more than 2months. The right CV joint needs replacing. Current miles is 23,000. The passenger window regulator was replaced. Sometimes all the windows stick to the rubber it slides in and you can here the motors straining to get them unstuck. She'll be paid off here within a year. Thinking of replacing it with an Outback.

I had 2 Sentra and both died with roughly 200k on them and only because some other person hit the cars and totaled them and not because there were any problems. I've heard that the newer Nissans were crap from a few. Now I believe it.

I refuse to buy another Nissan. I refuse to buy from Carmax again.
C2Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote