View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
docwiese
AF Newbie

Re: Engine Swap- 1988 VG30ET motor into a 1984 Nissan 720 Truck

Hey, thanks for the info.. I see this has been done before in a 520 and a 720 truck.. Mine happens to be a Sunrader RV, which has the 720 body. I took this out of a 300ZX sport. I have the wring Harness and brains, will find someone to remove all the parts to this harness that deals with smog or extra things I do not need. I left the other harness in to accommodate the lights and everything else. 84 did not have a brain.. Might put a pinto front end on to remove much of the stuff in my way.. that is if all this once I see what is in the way. Yes, I know the steering is in the way especially with the turbo right there.. I am wondering if the turbo will miss the frame or maybe I can lift the motor a little. Pan is also a problem if I try and keep stock front end.. Anyone have info on if a truck pan will work? Also not sure if the alternator will hit or not or will I have to move it.. Anyone done this with a turbo motor.. I am not sure about this cross over exhaust behind the motor on how to deal with it without having to cut the firewall anyone have info on that.
docwiese is offline   Reply With Quote