View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #13
sunruner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sunruner Send a message via Yahoo to sunruner
Re: Do you like the '05 Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnie12345
Yes, im sure I was looking at the 05 tacoma. Had all options, and no, wasnt the base model or anyhting.. I have a 03 Tacoma, v6,Trd, Power everthing, 5spd. Have also owned an 00 w/same options.--wrecked--
I can not think of one reason I would want to buy the 05. Everything inside it seems cheap. Everything is made of cheap plastic. The leather seats seems redicuously cheap. Interior and exterior seems like that of a Hyundai -- Minus the warranty. It has bulky exterior and in my eyes, has terrible styling. And you can almost afford a Tundra at its rediculous price. If you want something larger, why not get a Tundra?? The 04 models and down are unqiue built to last, and are unlike any other truck. To me, the new tacoma is more like a colorado or F-150.
Its completely lost the toyota look and quality. I wont be surprised if these things start falling apart in a few years. If i had to buy a new 05 truck, it would be Dodge Dakota, hands down.
I just purchased a 05 reg cab 4wd 2.7l eng, previoiusly owning quite a few older tacoma's. One dealer insisted that i would never find this truck, and give up and get an extended cab or the 4 door. My first impression of the 05 was that it didnt have the "toyota look", however after driving one, it was definitely toyota. i drove a colorado 05 which didnt impress me at all. The new Tacoma has been compared to the Colorado if you look at it from the side view. Wheel arches are quite similar. I found the plastic in the Toyota to be a better quality than anything else i have seen or worked on, and is a vast improvement over the 04 down. As far as anything else, this new Tacoma is quicker, quieter, definitely better gas mileage, and overall more comfortable, wind noise at high speed is non existant. I did have to get used to the larger size, the only problem is seeing over the bulge in the hood when entering my garage.
Like anything else, when a company comes out with a total redesign, it takes getting used to, pros and cons.
Drive the truck before coming to any conclusions beforehand. Some people judge by looks alone, as they do when they meet someone for the first time. Look between the covers first. I have about 3000 on the truck at this time and so far, quite happy with it.

Last edited by sunruner; 09-22-2005 at 04:46 AM. Reason: fixing errors
sunruner is offline   Reply With Quote