View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
mjgrantham
AF Newbie

Radio display gone crazy

Looking for an answer/advice in why my radio display went crazy and now displays all random lcd characters, changing every couple seconds. No more time or coherent display info. It's the 2001 6-disc unit. It happened after I took the unit out and opened it up to retrieve CD's that were stuck inside. I've done this before without a problem. While unit was out, and top cover & front removed, I temporarily put the front back on and plugged in to see what the mechanism was doing and try to get it to eject the CDs. This is when the display went berserk. I noticed I forgot to put in the rubber insulator sheet that goes b/t the face plate (that plugs into main circuit board) and the front metal body of the radio. Would this have shorted something? If so I'm wondering if the problem is in the circuitry of the main unit or the display/faceplate. Radio still works fine just no display. Player has been messed up but I'm not wanting to replace the unit to fix that.

Just hoping someone has some electrical knowledge/experience with these units besides "it's shot" cuz I already know that. Thanks!
mjgrantham is offline   Reply With Quote