View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
ksyankee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ksyankee
96 Won't Start When Hot

Hello All,
96' T100 XtraCab 4WD 5VZ-FE starts great when cold, runs fine no codes, shut it off and 15 mins. later won't start. Rumbles, farts, funny smell, may do a stumbly run for a few secs, but any attempt to push gas pedal and it dies. Again, no codes...leave it for about 30 mins, and it starts like nothing is wrong. Have a Factory Service Manual, tested and cleaned IAC, replaced old vacuum lines, cleaned MAF, new wires and plugs (it was time, jus sayin') Apparently no EGR on this model. Engine temp sensor seems ok, gauge on dash would not work, right? But may replace just cuz' testing ain't worth the $16 for a new one...Possible leaky injector? Pissing in fuel making it too rich till it's cold enough to handle the extra fuel? It's the only other thing I can figure, unless someone has some additional input, or even better, some experience with this very problem. I will be off to get a fuel pressure gauge I guess, and figure out how to test the injectors...BTW, truck has 325K on it, original transmission with NO issues except replacing the alternator @200K, and of course timing belts, plugs, water pump just cuz I was there...Isn't that awesome??? Thanks to any ideas!!!
ksyankee is offline   Reply With Quote