Thread: 1973 Opel GT
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
east texas
AF Newbie

Re: 1973 Opel GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambece
I'm going to be buying a 1973 Opel GT. I don't really know too much about them. Is there any advice anyone out there could give me?

Cambece
JA Cambece Law Office
There are two engines 1.1 and 1.9 the 1.9 is prefered 1.1 has two carbs and parts are harder to find. Even thoughthe 1.1 is rarer irt is not as easy to maintain or get parts for also has less hp. Theyhave automatic and 4 speed manual the manual is prefered .
1973 has the lower compression engine it (dished pistons) it also has hydralic lifters as opposed to the solid on the 69, 70 models. 71 and later have pop out window vents were the earlier models were fixed. 73 was the last year imported to the states with late 68 for the first runners up top the 69 model that was the first year for sales. There are very few 68 models Other than a few wiring changes and types of materials most Gt's appear the same. I own several of them all years without going into much detail in this limited space if you desire one I would opt for the later model with an earlier engine. JMTCW
east texas is offline   Reply With Quote