View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #36
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: Want to know what bike to start on **read this first**

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysGixlov
So I've heard A million times and know for a fact Begginers Should Not jump over so many cc's i'm guessing it Always depends on their maturity and Capability to control their urges till they gain enough experience and hours to play a little more.. I'm 18 and i'm buying a Gsx-r 750 As a First bike Regardless of what anyone says.. I have many years of experience on two wheels just not motorcycles.. Ie Dirtbikes, bicycles.. I am buy Alot of protective gear and I plan on takeing classes.. and takeing it easy the first 6-12 months if not more... I want to know one thing.. How long did it take you someone with atleast 2+ yrs exp To get used to Playing just a little with your bike Ie Twisties or racing w/e Getting comfortable with Your bike?opcorn:

I'm not trying to piss you off, but I don't care how many dirtbikes you've ridden... trees don't pull out in front of you or try to merge into you. You're biting off a HELL of a lot of bike, and I STRONGLY recommend you think otherwise. Not to mention that I really highly suggest finding and taking the MSF course. It's amazing the things you didn't realize you didn't know.

Besides, thinking you're going to take it easy and actually doing it are 2 very different things. Especially at your age, people think they are invincible, but at my age, I'm telling you that you simply are not. Please reconsider your choice of bike. That's not even considering the amount of insurance you're going to pay on a bike like that!!!!

If you choose a smaller, more manageable bike, you will feel more comfortable with your bike and you'll be a better rider overall. Especially if you are interested in twisties b/c the smaller bikes are lighter and more "flickable" in the turns.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote