View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #11
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Porsche 911 C2 Cab...progress

Yes, I'm aware of that. I could own a turbo miata with no problems insurance wise. I just wanted to point out this fact: there's a 1984 porsche wrecked, but running 2dr/2seater car, 5spd. FR. I called the insurance company about it before I got the SR5, they gave me a qoute that was, well more than I care to spare. I also found an 87 porsche convertible, owner never replaced the torn shreded top, I think the model was different becuase it had a back seat, 2dr/4seater. but the Tq/HP ratings were the same. The qoute I recieved on that car was 250-300 usd cheaper than the 84'. I asked why is was much cheaper, my agent said the droptop was classified as a sports coupe, and the other a sports car, although they came with the same power ratings, and same engine/transmission. Anyway, back on the subject, what exactly is wrong with the top for the porsche? My Z8 came with the clear soft top, and the ridges to show where the supports where, out came the 60 grit, sanded the roof smooth, all the way up to 1000 grit. Masked off the molded in rear window and painted the same as the body, color wise. and puff, a hardtop Z8!
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
86_SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote