View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #33
ScratchBuilt
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1/8 Porsche 908/03

Hello again.

Sorry about the lack of photos in this post - I'll hopefully have something ready to show in a day or two. I've been concentrating on the distributor and fuel injection unit this week, plus I've made a little progress with tidying up the cooling fan and housing. I think I'm avoiding the main part of the ducting shroud for a while - it's one of those awkward jobs that's only going to look good at the last moment.

Regarding getting the draft angle on the cast items, it's probably a detail too far for me! It might not show too well on some of the photos, but on larger items such as the cam covers I've added strip and quarter-round sections to the sides to try and get away from a regular 'box' shape. Most of the square-section plastic has rounded corners anyway - and some have slightly convex faces too - so you can still have the suggestion of 'cast' shapes rather than the look of something 'milled from solid'. On the smaller items the angle would be so fine anyway, I don't think you'd notice. On things like the gearbox and calipers, the core shape is neatly camouflaged by all the webs and fins, and I suppose the painting helps too - you can draw attention to certain elements, and hide others...

Cheers!

ScratchBuilt
ScratchBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote