Thread: Pontiac Aztek
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 09:51 AM   #34
AztekMan
AF Newbie

Girls have told me "it's pretty..." guys say "it looks cool..." strangers have said, "nice car." and a few have said, "it's different." which I take as a nice way of saying they don't like it.... which is cool.

You name the SUV and they all have bascially the same shape. Blazer, looks like an Explorer looks like a Cherokee looks like the Suburban looks like, etc. etc. Of course I'm not an idiot and am not saying they look so much alike they could be the same vehicle. Just saying they that until the last couple years with the likes of the Axiom, Sante Fe and some of the newer more edgy designs they all had the same design / shape.

I think the Suburban and the Expedition may as well be the same vehicle which looks pretty much like the typical SUV... More or less a mini school bus. A 4-door box on wheels, stick a hood to it and make a few minor exterior design differences viola, a different make / model SUV.

Same thing goes for Minivans.

Don't get me wrong. I like most all SUVs and I even like Minivans.... even station wagons. But in the past there haven't been much done to make SUVs different and stand out from each other. And I'll also say that If I didn't get a GM family discount, I would not have gotten the Aztek. But for the money, I probably would have gotten the Kia Sorento.

I bought the Aztek over the TrailBlazer, cuz I like the looks of the Aztek better and the Aztek with similar options was about $4,000 to $5,000 cheaper.
AztekMan is offline   Reply With Quote