View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #9
blurb66
AF Newbie

Thumbs up LIghting Issues

Imatkel, thank you for post#4.

Just bought 2000 Prizm. Lights all working ok, except for little issue.

Start car and headlights come on, ok no problem, however, 80% of time the tail lights also come on, without me turning on the slight switch.

At this point there is no need for the car to have a light switch. However, about 5, 10 or 20 percent of the time the tailights do not come on, unless I turn on the lights switch.

So the issue is minor a this time, but fear it will become head banger in future.

Brights shut on and off ok, etc ok, just that those tail lights inconsistently come on or not, when engine is started maybe 5 - 10 seconds later.

A couple of times Ive had to turn them on when with the switch, but then they would not turn off, except when engine and key is off. I can live with that, as it is all good for saftey on the road.

Also looks like a new alternator was put on recently and Ive read these cars have laternator replaced more often.

If I start having serious issues I think I would like to bypass the daytime running lights module altoghter as that seems to be the main grounding or problems.

I did see someone says there is another grounding bar on firewall under dash somewhere, where wires are becoming overheated and this may go back to alternator problems also.

Going to do more research and have joined Edmunds forurm with no replys yet. Thx again, BL6
blurb66 is offline   Reply With Quote