View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 AM   #34
Killing Moon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Killing Moon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
Yes. And if I didn't change the year also they are the same year. (the ones I did swap the year or model for are of the same body style, as in e30 or e36, but they are the most desireable cars from that same family.) "S" is just a sport package, usually including suspension, seats, steering wheel, body kit, limited slip differential and a few other things I may be forgetting. Mainly it improves handling, stability, and/or the driveability factor.
Ah, okay then. I've already marked up the differences that you've suggested.

I've used the best concepts from some of the best titles available but a clean factor that's never been in any title had to be game design mechanics. Many things factored in from this, such as a character creation system, progressive music that cues according rivalry meets on the course, being able to design your racing outfits with a similar decal/vinyl design interface etc., etc.

Right now, the game is called codename: Project R.

1. Acura
2. Alfa Romeo
3. AMC
4. Aston Martin
5. Audi
6. B. Engineering
7. Bentley
8. Bertone
9. BMW
10. Bristol
11. Bugatti
12. Buick
13. Cadillac
14. Chevrolet
15. Chrysler
16. DC Design
17. Delfino
18. Detomaso
19. Dodge
20. Farboud
21. Ferrari
22. Ford
23. Hispano Suiza
24. Holden
25. Honda
26. Hyundai
27. Infiniti
28. Innotech
29. Italdesign
30. Jaguar
31. Jimenez
32. Jiotto
33. Joss
34. Koenigsegg
35. Lamborghini
36. Lincoln
37. Lotus
38. Maserati
39. Mazda
40. Mc Laren
41. Mercedes
42. Mercury
43. MG
44. Mini
45. Mitsubishi
46. Nissan
47. Noble
48. Oldsmobile
49. Opel
50. Pagani
51. Panoz
52. Plymouth
53. Pontiac
54. Porsche
55. Protomotors
56. Renault
57. Saab
58. Saleen
59. Saturn
60. Scion
61. Seat
62. Shelby
63. Škoda
64. Stealth
65. Subaru
66. Suzuki
67. Tommy Kaira
68. Toyota
69. Trident
70. TVR
71. Ultima Sports Ltd.
72. Volkswagen
73. Volvo

Like I mentioned, the game WILL be expensive, as it's the reason for being a way-off for development right now. As a result, there will be a great number of intertwined deals that can help us work with more expensive licenses. Plus, being able to use Unreal Engine 3.0 for a racing title is a first.

We will be using a strong downloadable content model, plus expansion updates (which is why having a harddrive out of the box is so important. Many people on my team have their fingers crossed for Sony to do the right thing in this category; PS3). So while we may have a ton of cars and courses available from the initial GDD, it may be somewhat unrealistic to think that we can fit them ALL on the first try. Hence why we have to fit the licenses FIRST and then all of the cars progressively once the ball gets rolling.