View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #9
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Re: Re: Re: The worst cars ever made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat_launcher
Do they even have to list whats wrong with the trabant? Why do I have do this?

1. Trabants body style has basically remained unchanged for well over 20 over years, along with the drivetrain.
And people applaud the Mini, and the VW beetle for the same reason!

Quote:
2. Because of the mostly plastic body construction, Trabants cannot be properly disposed of in most of the countries that use them (including the former Soviet Union and it Satellite Nation-states, and most of East Germany)
I hear no complaints about Corvettes not disintegrating! Besides it's a good thing, for those who own the, no rust.

Quote:
3. Trabants are famous for belching purple-bluish tinted smoke from their crude mostly 2 cycle engines, and are a MAJOR pollution hazard (see above)
Not so much of a Pollution hazard as you might think, this is only an increasin hydrocarbon emissions, and not anything else. In fact, greenhouse gas emissions are directly correlated to how much fuel an engine burn, and therefore the Trabant being as efficient as it is, is actually cleaner than some of today's fuel hogs.

Quote:
4. Their plain fucking ugly!
Oh, and the VW beetle, and Mini aren't? Certainly they're not as ugly as the Citroen 2cv, and I don't hear complaints there.

Quote:
Gremlins literally rusted in front of their owners and had electrical problems which gave it unique properties, such as the ability to catch on fire during idle...
Experiences unique to owning a product of AMC.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote